Short version this week as I transition into Rare Book School student mode; I'm taking Heather Wolfe's English Paleography 1500-1750 class starting tomorrow!
- In today's Boston Globe, an interview with Bob Darnton about his vision for the Digital Public Library of America.
- An atlas stolen from the Swedish National Library in 2004 has been located in a New York collection.
- I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet, but I pass along a short interview with book collector Stephen Orgel on the value of annotated books.
- Over at Book Patrol, a look at various iterations/versions of Arcimbolodo's "Librarian."
- A new, updated version of At the Circulating Library: Victorian Fiction 1837-1901 has been released. Be sure to read the coverage note.
- Gordon Wood's The Idea of America; review by David Hackett Fischer in the NYTimes.