Friday, November 11, 2011

Off to Boston!

After a much too brief visit to my old stomping grounds, Union College (where I was very honored to give a talk last night to mark the 50th anniversary of the college's Schaffer Library*) I'm off to Boston this morning for the Boston International Antiquarian Book Fair, which opens tonight at 5 p.m. and runs through the weekend. As always there are a whole bunch of other good bibliophilic events going on around Boston over the weekend: activities at the fair, the smaller book, print & ephemera fair, the Skinner auction on Sunday, &c. &c.

I'll be at the fair tonight; tomorrow we're having a big LibraryThing meetup, a whole day of book-shopping, eating, and of course a visit to the fair as well. If you're in town, feel free to join us for that too, if you like! Then Sunday I'll be back at the fair for a shift at the RBMS table.

I'm giving another talk on Tuesday afternoon to a Harvard library group, so I'll be in Boston/Cambridge until then, getting some research done and paying visits. And then I will be headed back to Portland, probably exhausted enough to sleep for a week or two!

I hope to see many of you this weekend during the festivities!



*More about the talk after I get through the next few days, I promise.