- Daniel J. Leab, publisher of American Book Prices Current, editor, professor, and historian, died this week at the age of 80. As John Overholt wrote on the RBMS list, "The Leabs’ vision and commitment in establishing the Katharine Kyes Leab and Daniel J. Leab American Book Prices Current Exhibitions Awards has enriched the professional lives of the RBMS community in wide-ranging and innumerable ways since its inception. He will be deeply missed." My sincere condolences to his family.
- Now on display at the Folger Shakespeare Library, all eighteen copies (plus understudy) of the First Folio that have been traveling around the country this year. This is the largest-ever public display of First Folios at a single venue. The show will be up until 22 January.
- Original electrotype blocks used for the illustrations in Alice and Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass will be sold at Christie's on 1 December.
- ILAB has posted an interview with new ILAB president Gonzalo Pontes.
- The oldest-known version of the Ten Commandments on a stone tablet (dated to 300–500 CE), previously in the collections of the Living Torah Museum, sold at auction this week for $850,000 at Heritage Auctions; the sale came with a provision that the tablet must be put on public display.
- Arthur Fournier gets the "Bright Young Booksellers" treatment at FB&C.
- Matt Gallatin writes for the Michigan Daily about Motte & Bailey Booksellers of Ann Arbor.
- Sammy Hudes reports for the Star on the Leonard Cohen archives, housed at the University of Toronto's Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library.
- James Stourton's Kenneth Clark; review by Michael Dirda in the WaPo.
- Ruth Scurr's John Aubrey, My Own Life; review by Jeffrey Collins in the WSJ.
- Rare Books at Ketterer Kunst, 21–22 November
- The Chicago World's Fair, Columbian Exposition 1893 at Gray's, 21 November
- Rare Books, Autographs, Maps & Photographs (including books from the Library of the Explorers Club) at Doyle New York, 22 November
- Music and Continental Books & Manuscripts at Sotheby's London, 29 November
- The Giancarlo Beltrame Collection of Scientific Books, Part II at Christie's London, 30 November
- Fine Books and Manuscripts at Chiswick Auctions, 30 November