Here comes Bibliography Week! See the schedule of events.
- Coming up on 1–2 February, Rare Books Los Angeles, a new book fair organized by Brad & Jen Johnson. They were featured on the AbeBooks "Behind the Bookshelves" podcast this week.
- The BL's medieval manuscripts blog announces the library's acquisition of the Southwark Hours, now digitized and on display. The manuscript was formerly on loan from the Archdiocese of Southwark.
- A current exhibition at Les Enluminures in New York showcases the forgery collection of William Voelkle. A short Q&A between Sandra Hindman and Voelkle is up at Art and Object.
- Newly digitized from the Royal Society, five volumes of draft meeting minutes from 1686 to 1711.
- Over on the ABAA blog, some updates about the future of the Colorado Antiquarian Book Seminar.
- From Milton Esterow in the NYTimes, "The Hunt for the Nazi Loot Still Sitting on Library Shelves" (which partially highlights Anders Rydell's The Book Thieves).
- The Harvard Gazette has a look at the upcoming Houghton Library renovations.
- Jennifer Schuessler visited the Grolier Club for the NYTimes.
- Elizabeth Lisa Cruces is featured in the "Bright Young Librarians" column in FB&C.
- Jay Moschella has a post on the BPL blog about the library's recent digitization of two 15th-century Italian choirbooks.
- Rebecca Romney writes for LitHub about linguist Suzette Haden Elgin's 1984 novel Native Tongue.
- Susan Orleans' The Library Book; review by Alexander Larman in the Guardian.
- Lee Israel's Can You Ever Forgive Me? (and the recent movie starring Melissa McCarthy); review by Kathryn Hughes in the Guardian.
- Rare Books & Fine Prints at William Bunch Auctions on 22 January.
- Books and Manuscripts at Il Ponte (Milan) on 22 January.
- Mexican Historical Books and Documents at Morton Subastas on 22 January.
- Autographed Documents, Manuscripts, Photos & Books at University Archives on 23 January.
- Rare Books & Works on Paper at Chiswick Auctions on 23 January.
- Fine Manuscript and Printed Americana at Sotheby's New York on 24 January.
- Mid-Winter Miscellany Part II, with Illustrated & Children's Books at PBA Galleries on 24 January.