- Don't forget to buy your tickets for the Brooklyn Antiquarian Book Fair, 7–8 September. The preview (10 a.m.–noon on Saturday) benefits Rare Book School's Scholarship Fund.
- Lisa Fagin Davis writes about the fascination with the Voynich Manuscript in the Washington Post.
- AOTUS David Ferriero talked to the Washington City Paper about the National Archives' recent moves toward digital-only records.
- New from Oak Knoll Books, Frank Romano's History of Desktop Publishing (hardcover $75, paperback $37.50).
- "Note-worthy connections: antique shorthand in Carolingian books" over on the BL Medieval Manuscripts blog.
- On the LC Blog, a post about the recent conservation and digitization of the Gandhara Scroll. See also a longer version on their 4 Corners of the World Blog.
- Laura Maiklem's Mudlarking; review by Frances Wilson in the Guardian.
- Michael Dirda reviews recent books on books in the WaPo.
- Americana, Travel, Cartography, the Mexican War - with Material from the Warren Heckrotte Collection at PBA Galleries on 22 August.
- Advertising & Americana, the Collection of Mary Wells at Leland Little Auctions on 23 August.
- Historical Documents, Autographs & Books Including a Large Science Collection at University Archives on 28 August.
- Maps & Atlases at Forum Auctions (online) on 29 August.