- Ken Sanders Rare Books has launched a GoFundMe to help stay afloat through the pandemic. Please help if you can.
- From the BL's Medieval Manuscripts blog, "Ludicrous figures in the margin" (you want fighting snails? They've got fighting snails!)
- There's a new provenance mystery from the Middle Temple Library blog.
- Barbara Basbanes Richter notes the publication of the catalogue covering pre-1801 titles in the Cotsen Children's Library at Princeton.
- Haylie Swenson has a post about early modern cats for Shakespeare & Beyond.
- M.L. Stapleton writes about a 1740s Shakespeare set with female provenance at Early Modern Female Book Ownership.
- Do have a look at Books and Borrowing 1750–1830, an analysis of Scottish library borrowers' registers.
- From the University of Iowa's Center for the Book, "Tim Barrett: The Story of a Papermaker."
- Christopher de Hamel's The Book in the Cathedral; review by Dennis Duncan in the Guardian.
- Books and Works on Paper at Forum Auctions on 13 August.
- LGTBQ+ Art, Material Culture & History at Swann Galleries on 13 August.
- Publications of the Limited Editions Club at PBA Galleries on 13 August.