A few things from Brattle today, since they had gotten a huge new collection of stuff that was very interesting. That, and I was running out of fiction (so I bought some things that should occupy me for a while):
- The Leatherstocking Tales I: The Pioneers, The Last of the Mohicans, The Prairie by James Fenimore Cooper and The Leatherstocking Tales II: The Pathfinder, The Deerslayer by James Fenimore Cooper (Library of America, 1985).
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens (Book-of-the-Month Club, 1998).
- Henry Fielding: A Life by Martin C. Battestin (Routledge, 1993).
- Essays on Education in the Early Republic; edited by Frederick Rudolph (Harvard University Press, 1965).
- Dictionary Johnson: Samuel Johnson's Middle Years by James Lowry Clifford (Heinemann, 1979).
- The History of the Library in Western Civilization: From Minos to Cleopatra by Konstantinos Staikos (Oak Knoll, 2003).