Wednesday, April 07, 2010

New York Book Fair This Weekend

Although it has managed once again to sneak up on me and I'm going to miss it for another year (I vow to plan early and go next year, darnit!), the New York Antiquarian Book Fair is this weekend. Brian Cassidy has a preview (he's sharing a booth with Ian Kahn of Lux Mentis, and promises commentary and photos on flickr).

Rebecca Rego Barry also has a preview of the fair, and she'll be there Friday and Saturday with updates.

And the wonderful folks at Philadelphia Rare Books & Manuscripts are trying something very awesome this year: one of their cases will be full of items under $500 (and most are significantly under that). You can see their full list here (PDF), and as usual it is simply amazing (I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but their descriptions are some of the best in the business).

Look forward to many updates from the floor, and if you're near New York, get ye to the fair!