Here's what arrived this week:
- Seafaring in Colonial Massachusetts: A Conference held by the Colonial Society of Massachusetts, November 21 and 22, 1975; edited by Frederick S. Allis, Jr. (Colonial Society of Massachusetts, 1980). Book cart.
- Portrait of a Patriot: The Major Political and Legal Papers of Josiah Quincy Junior; edited by Daniel R. Coquillette and Neil Longley York (University of Virginia Press, 2008-2010. Volumes II (The Law Commonplace Book), IV and V (The Law Reports). Finishes out my run of this set. MHS.
- The Englishman who Posted Himself and Other Curious Objects by John Tingey (Princeton Architectural Press, 2010). Publisher.
- Poetry and the Police: Communication Networks in Eighteenth-Century Paris by Robert Darnton (Harvard University Press, 2010). Publisher.
- Lion of Liberty: Patrick Henry and the Call to a New Nation by Harlow Giles Unger (Da Capo Press, 2010). Publisher.