Either it was a reasonably quiet week or I wasn't paying enough attention (probably the latter).
- JSTOR announced this week that ~500,000 articles from 200 journals (pre-1923 in the US, pre-1870 from other countries) will be made freely available.
- I'll just second Sim's comments on the current Rare Book School fundraising campaign. Give if you're able.
- Project Gutenberg founder Michael Hart died at the age of 64. NYTimes Obit.
- Andrew Graham-Dixon's Caravaggio: A Life Sacred and Profane; review by Michael Dirda in the WaPo.
- Simon Garfield's Just my Type; review by Wes Bausmith in the LATimes.
- Nigel Cliff's Holy War; review by Eric Ormsby in the NYTimes.
- Sylvia Nasar's Grand Pursuit; review by Alana Samuels in the LATimes.
- Willard Sterne Randall's Ethan Allen; review by Adam Tschorn in the LATimes.