Saturday, September 01, 2012
Auction Report: August Recap
Here's a look back at the August auctions:
- Results for the 2 August PBA Galleries, Fine Press, Illustrated Books and Miscellanea: The Library of Byron L. Niskian, with additions sale are here. Audubon's Common Raven was the top lot, at $5,100. Bengston and Ruscha's Business Cards (1968) failed to sell.
- Leslie Hindman Auctioneers sold Fine Books and Manuscripts on 8 August. The proof copy of Audubon's Great Blue Heron fetched $85,400, while the third edition of Newton's Principia sold for $18,300. Quite an interesting copy of the Gettysburg Edition of Lincoln's works made $54,900.
- On 16 August PBA Galleries sold Fine Golf Books & Memorabilia; results are here. The copy of George Fullerton Carnegie's Golfiana (1842) sold for $18,000. Charles E.S. Chambers' Golfing: A Handbook (1887), sold for $13,200.
- Results for the 16 August Bloomsbury Bibliophile Sale are here.
- PBA sold Fine Literature, Cookery & Gastronomy, and Books in All Fields, on 30 August. Full results here.
September preview coming soon!