- The lineup for the 2018 Melbourne Australasian Rare Books School is now available.
- More from the "Discovering Lost Manuscripts" project at Echoes from the Vault.
- Terry Seymour seeks assistance with a census of the first edition of Boswell's Life of Johnson.
- The Willison Foundation Charitable Trust is offering grants of up to £4,000 for research on topics related to book history and bibliography.
- The NEH announced $39.3 million in grants for 245 humanities projects this week.
- Julie Mellby has a series of posts on the Princeton Graphic Arts blog about her time in Richard Ovenden's RBS course last week.
- E.B. White's Maine farm is up for sale. Anybody got $3.7 million?
- Christie's profiles their head librarian, Lynda McLeod.
- Over on the Lilly Library blog, LIS student Rachel Makarowski writes about the 1616 folio edition of Ben Jonson's works.
- Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden is featured in the NYTRB "By the Book" column.
- Katherine Mansfield's first known story has been identified at Wellington (NZ) City Library.
- New from OCLC Research, "The Transformation of Academic Library Collecting."
- Cass Sunstein's #republic; review by David Weinberger in the LARB.
- Eric Kurlander's Hitler's Monsters; review by Michael Dirda in the WaPo.
- Terry Burrows' The Art of Sound; review by Michael Lindgren in the WaPo.
- Americana - Travel & Exploration - World History - Cartography at PBA Galleries on 10 August.