- An important early Latin commentary on the Gospels has been identified in the Cologne Cathedral Library and translated into English for the first time.
- A copy of the Columbus Letter stolen from the Vatican Library and replaced with a fake has been located and returned.
- A fire in the southern Italian city of Cosenza has reportedly destroyed a private museum "housing the collection of the Bilotti Ruggi D'aragona family, described as "the most important library in southern Italy."
- On the Library of Congress blog, a Q&A with aspiring book conservator Riley Thomas.
- Over at Past is Present, "Collaborative Bibliographic Data Production," by Nigel Lepianka and "Unpacking a Digital Library" by Adam Fales.
- The Boston Globe reports on the identification and recent production of a 17th-century play, the manuscript of which was found in the BPL's collections.
- Vanderbilt has acquired the George Clulow and United States Playing Card Co. Gaming Collection.
- The "I am Jack the Ripper" postcard will be offered at auction in October.
- John Clayton's Wonderlandscape; review by Dennis Drabelle in the WaPo.
- Laurent Binet's The Seventh Function of Language; review by Michael Dirda in the WaPo.
- James Delbourgo's Collecting the World; review by John Gallagher in the Irish Times.
- Fine Books in All Fields at PBA Galleries on 31 August.