- Paula Reed Ward has a long report in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about recently unsealed court documents in relation to thefts from the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. Definitely one to keep watching, given the serious implications hinted at in the report.
- Roland Arkell writes for Antiques Trade Gazette about the recent round of Aristophil auctions, highlighting particularly pre-emptions taken by several French institutions.
- July's Rare Book Monthly articles include Michael Stillman's report on the return of the Vatican Columbus Letter, Susan Halas on bibliomania, and Bruce McKinney writing about John R. Payne's Great Catalogues by Master Booksellers.
- The July Crocodile mystery post is up at The Collation.
- On the BL's Medieval Manuscripts blog, "Networks of Knowledge: Insular manuscripts and digital potential."
- Ian Kahn highlights a recent—and most wonderful—book placement he was able to help make: finding a new home for a full set of Doves Press publications.
- From Aaron Pratt, "The Trouble with Translation (w/Errata)."
- Victoria Johnson's American Eden; review by Marta McDowell in the NYTimes.
Upcoming Auction - may just be one this week, but it's a big one!
- Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts and Continental and Russian Books at Sotheby's London on 3 July.