- E. H. Shepard's manuscript map of the Hundred Acre Wood set a new world record for a book illustration at auction, fetching £430,000 at Sotheby's this week.
- An Elgar manuscript brought for valuation on "Antiques Roadshow" in the UK has been identified as missing from the Elgar Foundation since 1994.
- Yeats letters stolen from Princeton University in the 1970s were recently returned, anonymously.
- Richard J. Wolfe's Marbled Paper is now back in print from Oak Knoll Press.
- An archaeological dig in southern Greece has turned up a clay tablet containing thirteen verses of The Odyssey; it may be the earliest written evidence of Homer's poem discovered in Greece.
- Joyce Lee Malcolm's The Tragedy of Benedict Arnold; review by Alexis Coe in the WaPo.
- Margalit Fox's Conan Doyle for the Defense; review by Michael Dirda in the WaPo.
- Entertainment Memorabilia at Bonhams London on 18 July.
- Early English Books: A Single-Owner Sale at Skinner, Inc. on 20 July.