- Next weekend: Brooklyn Antiquarian Book Fair!
- Sarah Mervosh has a report on the Pittsburgh Carnegie Library thefts for the NYTimes. The ABAA has posted an updated list of stolen materials being sought for return.
- From Cait Coker at Sammelband, "Teaching with Letterpress."
- In the London Review of Books, Mary Wellesley on making parchment.
- A great look at Louis Piette's Die Fabrikation des Papieres aus Stroh und vielen andern Substanzen (1838) from the Princeton Graphic Arts Collection blog.
- Over on the Grolier Club blog, a close look at a lovely seventeenth-century embroidered binding.
- September Rare Book Monthly articles include Bruce McKinney's remembrance of Michael R. Thompson and a Michael Stillman report on a Texas comic book theft.
- Conrad Edick Wright writes for the MHS Beehive blog about the history and future of Sibley's Harvard Graduates.
- Nell Stevens' The Victorian and the Romantic; review by Anne Boyd Rioux in the WaPo.
- The Paston Treasure; review by Roderick Conway Morris in the TLS.
- Literature with Books in All Fields at PBA Galleries on 6 September.