- Will Noel has been appointed AUL for Special Collections at Princeton University. Congratulations to Will and to Princeton!
- In the Atlantic, Cullen Murphy: "Before Zuckerberg, Gutenberg." (This is really about the importance of Elizabeth Eisenstein.)
- Betty Schellenberg writes for The Collation on "The Eighteenth-Century Manuscript Verse Miscellany."
- For the HRC blog, a Q&A with Bruce Hunt about the background of the Blaeu World Map.
- The American Museum of Natural History has begun a three-year initiative to make the museum's archives and memorabilia collections more accessible.
- Robert Caro's papers have been acquired by the New-York Historical Society.
- From Listology, "Eadweard Muybridge's Animal Locomotion."
- Over on the Fine Books Blog, "The Legacy of Joseph Rubinfine, Historical Manuscripts Dealer."
- Liz Adams writes for the Devil's Tale on "The Satirist and Tinkerer, Hogarth."
- Bruce Licher and Karen Nielson Licher's Savage Impressions; review by Paul Moxon on the APHA Blog.
- Fine Books, Maps, and Manuscripts at Revere Auctions (online) on 13 January.
- Autographs, Books, Declaration Signers, FDR & More at University Archives on 16 January.
- Hebrew & Judaic Printed Books at Kestenbaum & Company (online) on 16 January.