A few book auctions are on the horizon:
- On 28 October, Swann Galleries will sell the Magic Collection of a Gentleman (300 lots).
- Bloomsbury NY will sell Russian Literature and Art (251 lots) on 29 October; Natural History, including the Trust of Lyman Abbott Collection (135 lots) on 11 November (this includes a first octavo of Audubon's Birds); and the Jay T. Snider Collection, featuring the History of Philadelphia and Important Americana (375 lots) on 19 November.
- Bloomsbury London will sell Important Manuscripts, Printed Books, & Original Artwork (251 lots) on 30 October.
- PBA Galleries will sell Americana, Travel & Exploration, and Maps on 6 November (373 lots) and the Medical and Science Library of Gerald I. Sugarman, M.D. (228 lots) on 20 November.
- Sotheby's London will hold a sale entitled Greece and the Levant: A Private Library (234 lots) on the morning of 13 November and a second sale, Natural History, Travel, Atlases & Maps (319 lots) on the afternoon and evening of the same day.
- Christie's London will hold a sale of Valuable Manuscripts and Printed Books (169 lots) on 12 November (lots of illuminated manuscripts in this one, very impressive) and a sale of Fine Books & Printed Manuscripts, Including Modern First Editions (331 lots) on 13 November.
- Skinner's Boston sale of books will be held on 15 November, but the catalog is not yet online.