Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Signers' Libraries Wiki

To keep track of my research into the libraries of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence I've put everything I've found so far into an LT wiki, with links to the libraries I've already added, plus the relevant bits from the wills/inventories of others (or various notes/&c.). As you'll see there are some hefty gaps, mainly because I've still got lots of stones to turn (ahem, the entire North Carolina delegation ...).

Today's additions were the notes on Arthur Middleton (with many thanks to the South Carolina Room at the Charleston County Public Library) and James Smith (definitely the Signer who wins the Most Generic Name award; many thanks to the York County PA probate court archivists for their assistance).

Any citations, suggestions, &c. welcome, of course!