A thirteenth-century Latin manuscript known as The Chronicles of the Kings of Mann and the Isles will be exhibited at the Manx Museum in Douglas, Isle of Man from 5 July through December through a loan agreement with the British Library, 24 Hour Museum reports.
The Latin manuscript, largely written c. 1257 at Rushen Abbey, is an retrospective account of Manx history. Later additions were made through 1316. "After the abbey was dissolved in 1540 the manuscript is thought to have passed through a number of private hands until becoming the property of Sir Robert Cotton, whose collection of medieval works was one of the founding collections of the British Museum and are now cared for by the British Library."
"The manuscript has not been on display on the island for 10 years and will form part of the new Viking and Medieval Galleries at the museum, which also open on July 5, which is Tynwald Day, a Manx national holiday."