Monday, October 15, 2007

More on "Processus Contra Templarios"

Since my post on the news that the Vatican will be publishing an edition of Processus Contra Templarios has proven rather popular, I thought I'd better provide a small update I just read. The BBC reports today that 800 copies of the text will be created: one copy is to be presented to Pope Benedict XVI, "while most of the remaining 799 copies of this luxury limited edition have already been reserved by libraries and collectors around the world."

The book, which is being produced by Scrinium, will be "printed on synthetic parchment, comes complete with a reproduction of the original papal wax seal, and is packaged in a soft leather case together with a scholarly commentary. Each copy will cost just over 5,900 euros ($8,000; £3,925)."

No word yet on if or when a trade edition of this text will be made available.

6 comments:

Don't Forget said...

I just received an invitation today to purchase a copy. I inquired about the purchase the day the news broke via email on the Scrinium site.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to care for this most rare bit of publishing history!

Dogcliff

bugsymalone42 said...

I have a copy of processus contra templarios for sale. £5000 ono. Please remember this is a limited edition, quality item! Email bugsymalone42@hotmail.com for more details. Simon

Γιάννης Σφηνιάς said...

I also have bought the book. I went to the Scrinium site the day the news broke out and I reserved a copy then. It may be the only copy in Greece and it is in my hands!!!
A very nice edition, very carefully produced and surely a gem in any library.

I would like to know where the other copies of the book went since this limited edition brings to my mind the editions of early printing, when each book was published in around 500 copies...

Peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter said...

I have a copy in original (mint) condition for sale.

I am a resident of Ottawa, Canada.

If interested in purchasing, I invite you to respond by return E-mail.

pdaly@uottawa.ca

bugsymalone42 said...

I have a copy of processus contra templarios for sale. £5000 ono. Please remember this is a limited edition, quality item! Email bugsymalone42@hotmail.com for more details. Item is in the UK. Simon