Saturday, April 05, 2008

Hemingway, F. Scott, and Smithson

I've posted over at the LibraryThing blog to announce the completion of three more Legacy Libraries: Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and James Smithson. Hemingway's is the largest Legacy collection so far (7,411 books, entered by several users in just three months).

I worked on the Smithson collection, which was great fun, and have also still been busy adding bits to John Adams' library. More transcriptions of JA's marginalia and author notes are still to come; I think they make fascinating additions to the collection, and I'm very happy that we're able to highlight the author mentions and make the transcriptions available.

I'm going to spend the next little while finishing up the Mather Family library, since that's been languishing a bit. Then onto the next!