Wednesday, November 19, 2008

May We Catalog Your Books?

Tim reports that LT's first-ever flash-mob cataloging party, at St. John's Church in Beverly, MA, went swimmingly. I'm delighted to hear it, and was really sorry that I couldn't make it up there for that one since I was busy with book fair business here in Boston. But, this is just the beginning. As Tim says in his post, LT is anxious to organize more of these, and I would be very keen on organizing a similar event for a Legacy Library.

There are any number of house museums, historical societies, and other similar organizations out there that may have great book collections, but lack the resources to create/maintain an online catalog of their holdings. LT works really well for that, and clearly there are plenty of willing volunteers. So, if you've got a collection that we could help with, shoot me an email and I'll see if we can pull something together. Or if you know of a place that might be a good candidate, let me know that too and I'll make contact.

The sky's the limit!