This week's acquisitions post will have to wait until I get back to Boston (tomorrow) since I forgot to catalog some things before I left. In the meantime, some links and things.
- Paul Collins notes an 1895 plan to install roller-skate access ramps on buildings.
- In the NYTimes, David Streitfield writes on book-bargain-hunting-guilt.
- Nick Basbanes has a personal anecdote and other comments on the death of Harold Pinter.
- At Britannica Blog, Gregory McNamee writes about Longfellow's poem "Christmas Bells," one of my favorites.
- The Times Archive Blog has compiled a list of the top twenty stories from the Times archives for 2008.
- Carolyn Kellogg has a short profile of the Harry Ransom Center, at Jacket Copy.
- Tim points out uClassify, which seems very interesting. He has some ideas for LT/library data mashups using the site, and offers a prize for the best one.
- Richard Cox reviews What are Archives? Cultural and Theoretical Perspectives: A Reader, edited by Louise Craven (Ashgate, 2008).