Before I get caught up on reviews, last week's arrivals: an order from Colophon, a review copy or two, and some presents.
- Stephen Daye and His Successors: The Establishment of a Printing Plant in what was formerly British North America and the development of the Art of Printing at the University Press of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1639-1921 (Harvard University Press, 1921). Colophon.
- For Congress and the Nation: A Chronological History of the Library of Congress by John Young Cole (LC, 1978). Colophon.
- This Solemn Mockery: The Art of Literary Forgery by John Whitehead (Arlington Books, 1973). Colophon.
- A Field Guide to the Birds of Bermuda by André Raine (Macmillan Caribbean, 2003). Gift.
- The Best of All Possible Worlds: A Story of Philosophers, God, and Evil by Steven Nadler (FSG, 2008). FSG.
- A Great Idea at the Time: The Rise, Fall, and Curious Afterlife of the Great Books by Alex Beam (PublicAffairs, 2008). Gift.