Here's what arrived this week:
- Bermuda in the Old Empire: A History of the Island from the Dissolution of the Somers Island Company until the End of the American Revolutionary War: 1684-1784 by Henry Campbell Wilkinson (Oxford University Press, 1950). Amazon (used).
- The Fortune of War by Patrick O'Brian (W.W. Norton, 1991). Commonwealth.
- A Son of Thunder: Patrick Henry and the American Republic by Henry Mayer (University Press of Virginia, 1992). Commonwealth.
- Radical Enlightenment: Philosophy and the Making of Modernity 1650-1750 by Jonathan I. Israel (Oxford University Press, 2002). Commonwealth.
- Memoirs of the Year 2500 by Louis-Sebastien Mercier (A.M. Kelley Reprint, 1973). Amazon (used).
- The Birth of Modern Politics: Andrew Jackson, John Quincy Adams, and the Election of 1828 by Lynn Parsons (Oxford University Press, 2009). Brattle.
- The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (Doubleday, 2009). Border's.