Saturday, March 20, 2010

Raven Lands on Newbury Street

The Newbury Street branch of Raven Used Books opened today, and they hosted a party this evening to officially launch the new store. It's a really nice spot (263 Newbury), with a small patio outside for sale books, a bright, clean interior and just as terrific a selection of books as I've come to expect in the Harvard Square location.

Browsing through the stock this afternoon, I found several things I've been unable to find at reasonable prices anywhere else (including online listings), and I was very impressed with both the broad selection and the wide range of good, scholarly non-fiction as well as popular literature. The cookbook and children's lit sections are a good addition for this location, too.

I know all the readers of this blog join me in wishing John and the staff well in this location - I'll be making it a frequent stop on my bookstore rotation!

[Update - I forgot to mention, they have a books on books section in this store - mmmm!]