Saturday, January 06, 2007

To Talk of Many Things

I was out for the count yesterday with a nasty little cold, so here are a few of the things I missed, in short form (along with a few from today):

- The New York Times has a profile of a few independent bookstores in New York City which is worth checking out if you'll be in the area.

- Map thief E. Forbes Smiley reported to the federal prison 'camp' at Ayer, MA on Thursday to begin serving his 3.5-year sentence, the New Haven Register notes.

- Business Week has an article on building a home library, complete with a slide show of some positively drool-inducing examples. (h/t Lux Mentis, Lux Orbis).

- In the guise of a TLS review of a recent biography of HW Longfellow, Christopher Benfey takes a long look at the poet's life and reputation. A fascinating read. (h/t The Book Depository)

More soon. There are are few articles I haven't gotten through yet that I'm sure I'll have some comments on.